Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Geeks, Fools and Barbershops

Barbershop Music Appreciation Day makes me smile. I love the sound of Barbershop. Today, you should also Embrace Your Geekness. Also today, some will be celebrating Fools Paradise Day. If I am a fool, am I living in paradise OR if I am in paradise, am I a fool? Please help clear up the fog.

On this day:
In 1985, Prince Charles and Princess Diana launch the opening of the ‘superconcert’ LiveAid.

Lee Iacocca was fired by Henry Ford II after 8 years as presidentof FordMotor Company, reason given…”Sometimes you just don’t like somebody.” Luckily for Iacocca, Chrysler liked him.

Today marks the 112th anniversary of the patent of the radio to Guglielmo Marconi. Question: If there hadn’t been radio in 1898, would there be television?

Celebrating a birthday today: 
Louise Mandrell (1954), Singer and sister of singer, Barbara; Cheech Marin (1946), actor known for his part in the comic duo Cheech and Chong; Erno Rubik (1944), inventor best known for his toy, Rubik’s Cube; Harrison Ford (1942), action adventure romatic lead actor; Patrick Stewart (1940), actor best known for his role in Star Trek: The Next Generation; Robert Forster(1940), you know him as an actor in scores of roles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I will do my best to review this comment and add it as soon as possible. Sorry, but if it is mean, crude, disgusting or irrelevant I can't post it. Remember we are supposed to be celebrating not dragging people down.