Thursday, October 20, 2011

What scares you? I have been watching 'scary' movies for the past few weeks. Scary movies that I thought I remembered as being scary. Now, not so much. Is it because I know the movie? I know what's coming? I don't think so. I get the same 'eh' feeling from a scary movie I hadn't seen before.

A bit ago, I watched what many people considered scary when it was released in 1982...The Thing. Even now they call it the scariest movie of all time.

To summarize, it didn't scare me. In fact, I laughed. Some of the scenes were so comical, I laughed so hard I cried. I don't know why I wasn't scared. Have I been scared out? Can I not be scared anymore? Am I too old?

When I say scared, I mean scared - not startled. Yes, I will jump, catch my breath, maybe even yelp a bit if someone comes out from around a corner and says BOO. But that really isn't scary. Anyone have a good scary movie for me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I will do my best to review this comment and add it as soon as possible. Sorry, but if it is mean, crude, disgusting or irrelevant I can't post it. Remember we are supposed to be celebrating not dragging people down.