Monday, February 28, 2011

Captain Stubing

Happy Birthday, Gavin McLeod!

I know you were around before 1977 when I fell in love with your boat Pacific Princess.  Because later I discovered you with one of my favorite people, Mary Tyler Moore, working at a TV station. I am glad that you were able to work your way up from Lieutenant to Captain in just 20 years especially after you were demoted on Pork Chop Hill to private. And then to Seaman while serving on Operation Petticoat.

No matter, you know where the fun jobs are and there can't be anything more fun than to cruise the high seas stopping at beautiful ports of call. Mazatlan, Acapulco, sigh.

I wonder, did you ever sail to Fantasy Island???

No comments:

Post a Comment

I will do my best to review this comment and add it as soon as possible. Sorry, but if it is mean, crude, disgusting or irrelevant I can't post it. Remember we are supposed to be celebrating not dragging people down.