Monday, March 30, 2015

Sunshine

There are so many events that happen each day. Happenings on this day on the research sites I use go back as far as 240BC when it was recorded that a Comet was visible in the night skies. Eventually it would be named Halley's Comet.

Also, in 1981, US President Ronald Reagan was shot by John Hinkley. I remember this event, kept news articles about it. Not really a celebratory type of event, but nonetheless, noteworthy.

Today I would like to chat about Sunshine. No it is not the anniversary of the birth of our sun, but the anniversary of a song celebrating the sun.

Sunshine on My Shoulders, by John Denver, made it to number one on this day in 1974. A sad song? No, but that is what John was feeling when he wrote it. He was feeling a little blue and tried to show it through song. It didn't work, in my opinion.

It always seems to make me happy when I hear it. There are some nice versions on YouTube that you can play to help you CELEBRATE TODAY.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I will do my best to review this comment and add it as soon as possible. Sorry, but if it is mean, crude, disgusting or irrelevant I can't post it. Remember we are supposed to be celebrating not dragging people down.