Saturday, July 24, 2010

Happy Parents Day (Mother's Day and Father's Day just aren't enough!)

Celebrate with gusto Culinarians Day, Parents Day and Threading the Needle Day. As a culinarian, I will be celebrating with canned soup, peanut butter sandwiches and toaster pastries. Sorry, that’s all I can accomplish while house sitting without my favorite supplies and ingredients. I will be visiting my mom today in honor of Parents Day and, to round things out, for Thread the Needle day, I will be watching the Brickyard 400 and watch my favorite sport. NASCAR ‘thread the needle’ during every race.

On the 25th of July in:
2000, Air France’s Concorde jet crashed during a takeoff attempts in Paris. All 105 people on board were killed. After a short pause in service, SSTs returned to service until their ultimate retirement in October, 2003.
1985, One time heartthrob, Rock Hudson, announced he had contracted the newly discovered disease, AIDS.
1978, Louise Joy Brown was born. She is known as the first “test tube” baby.
1967, Friends (Joey) actor, Matt LeBlanc was born.
1954, NFL’er Walter Payton was born.
1935, Freaky Friday (1976) actress, Barbara Harris, was born.
1925, Golden Girl, Estelle Getty, was born.
1917, Mata Hari was sentenced to die for spying for Germany during WWI.
1894, The Real McCoys actor, Walter Brennan, was born.
1844, portrait painter and photographer, Thomas Eakins, was born.
1832, Quincy, MA is the location of the first recorded railroad accident in US history. A cable snapped on a Granite Railway car throwing 4 people from the car over a cliff, one was killed, the others were seriously injured.
1814, British forces were defeated by the home team, America, at the Battle of Niagara Falls.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I will do my best to review this comment and add it as soon as possible. Sorry, but if it is mean, crude, disgusting or irrelevant I can't post it. Remember we are supposed to be celebrating not dragging people down.