Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Ugly Trucks on the Moon

Today is Moon Day. Moon Day commemorates the day that Americans (and the first humans) walked and landed upon the moon. Sharing this day is Ugly Truck Day. I don’t understand this day. I don’t understand the ‘draw’ to having an ugly truck. I like trucks, but I like mine shiny and pretty.

  • 1977- Johnstown, PA dams failed, causing a flash flood which killed 84 and cause millions in damage. A near repeat from an 1889 event, which killed more than 2000 people.
  • 1973- Bruce Lee died of a brain edema at the age of 32.
  • 1972- After a two year study, the USDOT ruled against advocate Ralph Nader’s accusations that the 1960-1963 Chevrolet Corvair was unsafe.
  • 1976- Viking 1 landed on Mars. I wonder if Odyssey’s Phoenix got pictures of it…If not, I wonder if it is still there.
  • 1969- Man walks on Moon. Neil Armstong became the first man to walk on the moon, that is after the eagle landed.
  • 1881- Sitting Bull surrendered to the US Army.


Happy Birthday…
Musician known for his early career single, Black Magic Woman, Carlos Santana (1947); Miracle on 34th St (1947) and Rebel Without a Cause actress, Natalie Wood (1938); The Avengers’  Emma Peel actress, Diana Rigg (1938); Little Big Man writer, Thomas Berger (1924); Explorer, Sir Edmund Hillary (1919).

No comments:

Post a Comment

I will do my best to review this comment and add it as soon as possible. Sorry, but if it is mean, crude, disgusting or irrelevant I can't post it. Remember we are supposed to be celebrating not dragging people down.