Wednesday, April 15, 2015

April 15th

I went through all of my research material and decided to leave them behind and not celebrate the Carpathia saving so many people who survived the sinking of the Titanic. Or, I could have focused on any one of the scores of 'famous' people who were born or died on this day including Leonardo Di Vinci (Mona Lisa, etc); Elizabeth Montgomery (Bewitched); and Roy Clark (Thank God and Greyhound She's Gone). But I have decided to celebrate the end of worrying about Filling out those DREADFUL federal forms known as 1040s.

Many people fill out their forms in February, shortly after receiving their W2s, 1099s and other forms that summarize their previous year's income. I usually like to do mine the first part of March. This year I waited until the beginning of April because of many extracurricular influences, real or imaginary. 

It took me a little over 3 hours to fill out the form using a computer program. I can't tell you how long it took me prior to sitting down at the keyboard to gather all the paperwork required to answer the questions. I don't know if that is high or low for filers similar to me, but I don't feel too badly about the time. I know that once I hit the file button I felt relief that it was over.

Monday, I went online to "find out where your return is", and discovered that it hadn't filed. OH NO. I opened my program and discovered that it had not been e-filed. I quickly hit the red button and filed. I am so glad I checked before the deadline. But talk about a stomach turn! Shortly after pressing that submit button, I received an email confirming my submission and the next day, an email notifying me that my form was accepted. 

So, today, I celebrate not worrying about filling out another IRS 1040 for at least 9 months. Hope you can celebrate with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I will do my best to review this comment and add it as soon as possible. Sorry, but if it is mean, crude, disgusting or irrelevant I can't post it. Remember we are supposed to be celebrating not dragging people down.