Friday, April 3, 2015

Movies

ON this day, 1902, the first full time movie theater is opened by Thomas Tally on South Spring Street in downtown Los Angeles.

 Movies released that year included Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves; A Trip to the Moon (a fave of mine); Snow White; and The Coronation of Edward VII. All tickets sold for a dime. The movie house was such a hit they had to expand their original 7:30-10:30 pm hours to include a daylight matinee showing.

In the news recently, I saw an article that questioned if Hollywood had run out of ideas. What do you think. I agree it may seem like it with tons of remakes and sequels but I don't think that they have run out of ideas. I think that the powers that be are just not ready to accept a challenge and make a movie that might not be a mega-million maker.

In the mean time, let's visit a theater and Celebrate. I wonder where I can get a copy of A Trip to the Moon....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I will do my best to review this comment and add it as soon as possible. Sorry, but if it is mean, crude, disgusting or irrelevant I can't post it. Remember we are supposed to be celebrating not dragging people down.