Tuesday, May 25, 2010

National Missing Children's Day



Today is
National Missing Children’s Day – You may not know someone who is missing, You may not know someone who knows someone who is missing. But, you could be someone to help find a missing person. Page through this site, Maybe you will recognize someone… http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/PublicHomeServlet?LanguageCountry=en_US
Tap Dance Day – If you can’t tap dance down the street (or stairs) pick up a Bill “Bojangles” Robinson movie. This day was originally created in honor of his Birthday.

What were you doing on this day in:
1925…Did you go to the dinner honoring the founding of the National Forensics League of the US.
1927…Ford’s Model T was put to rest. I say, let’s bring it back!!
1935…I saw Babe Ruth hit his 714th (and last) homerun at Forbes Field in Pittsburgh, PA.
1968…I learned in school about the dedication of the Gateway Arch in St. Louis, MO by Hubert Humphrey and Stewart Udall.
1978…Standing in line for the new movie Star Wars? I remember hearing…”What the heck is a Wookie?”
1979…I begged my mom to let me go see the new movie Alien with Sigorney Weaver.

Do you share your birthday with:
Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803); Edward George Bulwer-Lytton (1803); Anne Bronte (1820); Claude Akins (1918); Robert Ludlum (1927); Beverly Sills (1936); John Gregory Dunne (1932); Tom T Hall (1936); Raymond Carver (1938); Dixie Carter (1939); Ian McKellen (1939); Jessi Colter (1943); Frank Oz (1944); Jamaica Kincaid (1949);  Mike Myers (1963); Anne Heche (1969); Jamie Kennedy (1970). Seems heavy on writers…

No comments:

Post a Comment

I will do my best to review this comment and add it as soon as possible. Sorry, but if it is mean, crude, disgusting or irrelevant I can't post it. Remember we are supposed to be celebrating not dragging people down.