Thursday, May 20, 2010

Strawberries and Money

Be a Millionaire Day-My lifetime dream is to prove to all I know (and some who don’t) that I would be able to handle that kind of money. You hear all kinds of stories of people “coming into money” one way or another and then somehow losing it. I think I would be able to live the rest of my life on that money, easily.
Pick Strawberries Day-I have been informed by the powers that be (I don’t know, that is what they called themselves) that strawberries were going to be a rare find this year, so you better grab them while you can. Just for the record, if you could get a few for me, you can have my share!!! Enjoy.

On this Day in History...
1570 – Abraham Ortelius issued the first modern atlas.
1845 – HMS Erebus and HMS Terror began its ill fated trip to search for the Northwest Passage.
1862 – The Homestead Act is signed into law by President Lincoln.
1873 – Levi Strauss and Jacob Davis patent blue jeans with copper rivets.
1883 – Krakatoa erupted, within three months, it would be destroyed,
1891 – During the convention of the National Federation of Women’s Clubs, Thomas Edison’s Kinetoscope (prototype) is placed on public display.
1918 – Codell, KS was hit by a tornado. For the third year in a row on the same day.
1927 – Charles Lindbergh began his first solo nonstop flight across the Atlantic, landing tomorrow. Flightplan: Roosevelt Field, Long Island, NY to Le Bourget Field, Paris, France.
1932 – Amelia Earhart began her first female solo nonstop flight across the Atlantic, landing tomorrow. Flightplan: NewFoundland, to Ireland.
1990 – Hubble Space Telescope transmits photos from space

Born on this Day:
Dolley Madison (1768), US first lady; Henri Rousseau (1844), Painter; James Stewart (1908),  Actor; George Gobel (1919), Comedian; Anthony Zerbe (1936), Actor;  Young Riders; Joe Cocker (1944), Singer; Cher (1946), Singer; David Paterson, (1954), Politician; Governor of New York;  Bronson Pinchot (1959), Actor-Perfect Strangers.  Mindy Cohn (1966), Actress-Facts of Life.  Tony Stewart (1971), Athlete-NASCAR driver.  Busta Rhymes (1972), Rapper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I will do my best to review this comment and add it as soon as possible. Sorry, but if it is mean, crude, disgusting or irrelevant I can't post it. Remember we are supposed to be celebrating not dragging people down.