Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Caramel Popcorn Day

Celebrate Caramel Popcorn Day, No Housework Day & World Health Day

Today I will sitting on my Barcolounger, eating Caramel Popcorn and wondering if popcorn is still considered one of my vegetables for the day on World Health Day.

HISTORY CLASS
  • 1947-Great automobile industry gentleman, Henry Ford, died.
  • The World Health Organization (WHO) was founded.
  • In 1949, Rodgers and Hammerstein opened the musical South Pacific on Broadway. My favorite number: "I'm Gonna Wash That Man Right Out of My Hair", of course, I would never do that!
  • Dag Hammarskjold of Sweeden was elected the second Secretary General of The United Nations. 
  • Josip Broz "Tito" was elected President for life of Yougoslavia. He died in 1980. 

BIRTHDAY 

CELEBRATIONS

1770- William Wordsworth, poet, philosopher
1897- Walter Winchell, journalist, broadcaster
1915- Billie Holiday, jazz singer
1920-Ravi Shankar, sitarist
1928- James Garner, actor
1933- Wayne Rogers, actor
1939- Francis Ford Coppola, filmmaker
1939-David Frost, interviewer
1951- Janis Ian, singer, songwriter
1954- Jackie Chan, actor
1964- Russell Crowe, actor

No comments:

Post a Comment

I will do my best to review this comment and add it as soon as possible. Sorry, but if it is mean, crude, disgusting or irrelevant I can't post it. Remember we are supposed to be celebrating not dragging people down.